December 8

BIG News – Book Club Book Fair

MS_S16_Cover

The Wapahani High School Book Club will be hosting the first ever all district Scholastic Book Fair and Literacy Festival the last week of January.  The book fair will be open for students from 7am – 4pm on Tues. Jan. 26th and Wed. Jan. 27th, and on Thur. Jan. 28th for our Community Literacy Festival from 3:00pm until 30 minutes after the completion of the High School Girl’s Basketball game.  The High School Book Club students will be reading to younger students and available to help make the perfect book selection for everyone in the family.  Prizes will be given away each hour and you must be present to win.

Mark your calendar’s now and join us in our love of books as a part of this community wide outreach for Literacy. Fun, Family, and Books – Thursday Jan. 28 from 3pm until 30 minutes after the end of the girl’s basketball game. 

Posted December 8, 2015 by mrsscales207 in category Language Arts

About the Author

My life has taken many paths. I grew up in Farmland, Indiana and graduated from Monroe Central High School in 1979. Yes I know that seems like a long time ago to most of you. After I graduated from High School, I went into the U. S. Navy. Not a lot of women enlisted in the Navy back then. Boot camp was still segregated (that means there were only women in my boot camp) and yes, boot camp is as bad as they say it is. I survived though and began seeing a little more of the world than just our lovely corn and soy bean fields of Indiana. I was an advanced avionics technician and worked on F14 Tomcat jets in the Navy. Back then women couldn't go on ships but I was stationed in Bermuda for a little over a year. Bermuda is beautiful and the people are warm and friendly. I married my husband while in the Navy and we eventually moved to Minnesota.