August 26

Day 14 – English 10

QW – As a recall of previously learned knowledge, write what MLA requirements we learned in class last week. Do this as a comment to today’s blog, this will allow you another opportunity to do something else we learned last week and will serve as an application level skill. In simple recall, what can you remember about setting up the format of a proper MLA paper?

Thur.

Student Centered Word of the Day

1st Period – Braxton Martin

2nd Period – Amaya Smith

3rd Period – Cody Smith

5th Period – Chandler Wise

7th Period – Bryce Winningham

Writer’s Workshop / Monthly Papers

Posted August 26, 2015 by mrsscales207 in category Language Arts

About the Author

My life has taken many paths. I grew up in Farmland, Indiana and graduated from Monroe Central High School in 1979. Yes I know that seems like a long time ago to most of you. After I graduated from High School, I went into the U. S. Navy. Not a lot of women enlisted in the Navy back then. Boot camp was still segregated (that means there were only women in my boot camp) and yes, boot camp is as bad as they say it is. I survived though and began seeing a little more of the world than just our lovely corn and soy bean fields of Indiana. I was an advanced avionics technician and worked on F14 Tomcat jets in the Navy. Back then women couldn't go on ships but I was stationed in Bermuda for a little over a year. Bermuda is beautiful and the people are warm and friendly. I married my husband while in the Navy and we eventually moved to Minnesota.

50 thoughts on “Day 14 – English 10

1. Janice Stevenson

I wasn’t here for a week and I wasn’t aloud to have any electronics at Valle Vista. It’s a stress center so I wasn’t aloud to have any pencils either.

Reply
  2. Kirstin Lowe

MLA requirements it to be double spaced, left justified, no extra spaces, heading which includes the author, the teacher, the course and that date, 1 inch margins, a center title( no extra spaces) and a 12 point font(usually times new roman).

Reply
  3. Seth New

MLA includes the main necessities needed to understand what and where the section of information in your paper came from. Such information as author’s name, article name, editor’s name, double spaced paper, website name, and so on.

Reply
  4. Goldie

Hey so I want here for a while. I got into some trouble. Not really sure what to write about. I think I was gonna do the teens and money thing. I don’t really know. Sorry Mrs. Scales. You’re the coolest and I’ll try to be in class everyday. Header is double spaces along with the others

Reply
  5. Haley voigt

The MLA requirements are: You have to double space your paper, left-justify, no extra spaces between papagraphs, your heading including your name, teacher, class and date. You have to have one inch margins.

Reply
  6. Hailee

In order to create an MLA you have to have the name of the website you’re using, the title, and any other information on the site you used. MLA is a type of format. Everything needs to be double spaced and the date in the heading has to have a certain order.

Reply
  7. Brittany King

Double space everything, left justify on the left, no extra space. Heading: authors name, teachers name, course title, and date(day month and year). Have one inch margins all the way around. Header: last name and page number

Reply
  8. Emma Davis

Double spaced
    1 inch margins
    Times new roman
    12 or font
    No extra space between paragraphs
    Properly formatted citations

Reply
  9. Amaya Smith

Double space everything
    Left justify
    Heading (name, teachers name, English 10, date)
    Header top left (title center)
    1 inch margins
    12 pt times new roman font

Reply
  10. Madelynn Cherry

MLA has to be double spaced, left justified, no extra spacing between paragraphs, 1 in. margins, header (last name and page number) center title, 12 pt font, times new romans, and has to have a heading (your name, teacher, subject, and date).

Reply
  11. Solomon Johnson

I learned that the requirements for MLA change every so often, so I can’t use a lot of Internet tools. I learned that the citations need to be in alphabetical order. I also learned that it has to be double spaced.

Reply
  12. Noah Hensley

Double space between lines
    No extra space in the middle of paragraphs
    Include your name, instructor’s name, course title, and date at the top aligned to the left side
    Use 1 inch margins on all sides of the paper
    Have a header at the top with your last name and the page number

Reply
  13. Shayna Webb

1. Make sure to have a header, heading, double space, one inch margins, left justify, & not extra spaces.

2. You use it to cite sources.

Reply
  14. Alex

One inch margins
    Double spaced
    Left-justified
    No extra space between paragraphs
    Authors name, teachers name, course, and date in header
    Centered title
    12 pt font

Reply
  15. Nathan Herbst

You need a header, a heading, double spaced lines, no extra spaces between paragraphs, and one inch margins.

Reply
  16. Sami Hensley

-Your name goes first, then your teacher’s name, class or course name, and date.
    -everything must be double spaced
    -no extra spaces
    -work cited page must be by itself
    – you must include a header on every page
    -all text on the left side of the paper should start at the same place unless you have just started a paragraph

Reply
  17. Skyler

Your MLA paper should be double-spaced and left justified. There should be one inch margins and no extra spaces. The heading should be on the left and the header should be in the top right corner.

Reply
  18. Maddy Rogers

I remember that you need to have a heading with 4 different parts of information. The font needs to be Times New Roman, size 12. It’s must be double-spaced, and one-inch margins. There are no extra spaces between paragraphs and it needs to be left-justified.

Reply
  19. Austin Vorhees

I remember that you have to have a heading on the left side of the paper, you have to end with a works cited page, and the whole paper has to be double spaced.

Reply
  20. Savannah Pattison

MLA requires a work cited, to give credit where credit is due, it requires Times New Roman font, doublespaced, and with one inch margins. The heading should be on the left and the header should be in the top right corner.

Reply
  21. Hayven

MLA is required to be double spaced, left justified, no extra spaces, heading which includes the author, the teacher, the course and that date, 1 inch margins around the whole thing, a center title and a 12 point font.

Reply
  22. Lucas Chalfant

You have to have one inch margins all around the paper. The entire paper must be double spaced. Your works cited page should be by itself, and all of the text on the left side of the paper should be in line going down the page.

Reply
  23. Makayla

The heading should be your name, your teachers name, the class title and the date. Your paper should be left justified, double spaced with no extra spaces in between paragraphs. All margins should be at one inch and the title should the same size as the rest of the text. The works cited should be a separate page.

Reply
  24. Joshua Rhonemus

Double spaced, to the left, title, heading, and no extra spaces.
    Top left corner is your name, teachers name, the course, and the date.

Reply
  25. Clarissa

You heading is at the top left corner and starts with you name, teachers name class name and date
    Double space the whole paper
    Left-justify
    No extra spaces
    Header is at the top right corner authors name and page number
    One inch margins

Reply
  26. Lindsey Peterson

You have to have a header, heading, title, it all has to be double spaced, 1 inch indents, left justify, no extra spaces, conclusion, body, and citations.

Reply
  27. Taylor Walls

Double spaced, one inch margins, header including name, teachers name, course name, and date. There can be no space between the paragraphs, and the whole paper must be left-justified.

Reply
  28. Ryan Dudley

MLA requires to have copyright signs after any sentence that is taken directly from an article, and put on a document. It has to be double spaced, with one inch margins on the document. The title needs to be centered in the top of the page.

Reply
  29. Cameron Ledbetter

12 point font
    Times new roman
    Left justified
    No extra space after a paragraph
    1 inch margin
    The title is not bolded
    4 pieces of information in header

Reply
  30. Chandler wise

The heading is in the top left corner of the paper. Start with your name and then teachers name followed by the course and the date. The paper should be double spaced and include one inch margins all the way around. Also make sure in the top right have your last name and the page number, which is known as a heading. Do not include any extra spaces in between paragraphs. Make sure the body has a left justify enabled and that the paper has a title.

Reply
  31. Sean Malloy

MLA set up should be double spaced, have no unneccisary spaces, left justified, heading is placed in the top left hand corner of the paper, one inch margins, header is in the top right hand corner of the paper, title is centered and is the same font size and type as the rest of the paper

Reply
  32. Jewelyn

MLA is double spaced but no extra spaces between the paragraphs with the simple times new roman twelve point font. There is one inch margins in either sides and it has a left justify. You have a heading and a header on the top corners. MLA is also a type of citation to give credit to where it’s due.

Reply
  33. John Helms

The first thing you have to pit down is your first and last name whic should be capitalized, then the teachers name, then English 10, and finally the date.

Reply
  34. Cord shinn

I learned in class that everything has to be double space, with a Left justify, with a Heading including name, teachers name, English 10, date. You’ll also will need a Header top left the whole paper in 1 inch margins with a 12 pt times new roman font.

Reply
  35. Noah Swink

MLA should have a header containing your name, teachers name, class, and date. The paper must have a one inch margin, double spaced, left-justified, no extra spaces, and your name and the page number in the top right of the page.

Reply
  36. Jarrett randolph

Requires a twelve point font. The document has to be double spaced and the font has to be times new roman.

Reply
  37. Peyton west

One inch margins
    Double spaced
    Left-justified
    No extra space between paragraphs
    Centered title
    12 pt font

Reply
  38. Hannah Buchanan

MLA format requires a header, heading, title, one- inch margins, left-justify, no extra spaces, double- spaced, and 12 point font.

Reply