November 10

Lesson Plans – Week 14

Lesson Plan for: November 14 – 18, 2011

English 7 / Mrs. Scales

Monday –

• Turn in written portion of independent projects.
  • Glosters will be graded today. There will be no class time to work on glosters.
  • Mythology Rehearsal / Presentation Day
    • Content
    • Costumes / Props
    • Participation
    • Eye Contact
    • Clear Voice
    • Movement

Homework: Any final rehearsal needed for mythology presentations.

Tuesday –

• Mythology Presentation Day

Homework: Any final rehearsal needed for mythology presentations and work on first draft of Compare/Contrast essay.

Wednesday –

• Mythology Presentation Day

Thursday –

• Turn in first draft of Compare/Contrast Essay with Pre-Writing Graphic Organizer attached.
  • Mythology Presentation Day
  • If we finish presentations early we will review our mythology notes for the mythology test.

Friday – Sub Plan – Mrs. Scales at NCTE

• Acuity Study Day (Independent Assignment Completion)

7.4.10 Revise writing to improve organization and word choice after checking the logic of the ideas and the precision of the vocabulary.

7.6.10 Use simple, compound, and complex sentences; use effective coordination and subordination of ideas, including both main ideas and supporting ideas in single sentences, to express complete thoughts.

• Use your Standard Lesson report to log your progress on Acuity today. You only have today and next Tuesday to work on Acuity before letters go out to parents about after school tutoring based on your Acuity progress.

Posted November 10, 2011 by mrsscales207 in category Language Arts

About the Author

My life has taken many paths. I grew up in Farmland, Indiana and graduated from Monroe Central High School in 1979. Yes I know that seems like a long time ago to most of you. After I graduated from High School, I went into the U. S. Navy. Not a lot of women enlisted in the Navy back then. Boot camp was still segregated (that means there were only women in my boot camp) and yes, boot camp is as bad as they say it is. I survived though and began seeing a little more of the world than just our lovely corn and soy bean fields of Indiana. I was an advanced avionics technician and worked on F14 Tomcat jets in the Navy. Back then women couldn't go on ships but I was stationed in Bermuda for a little over a year. Bermuda is beautiful and the people are warm and friendly. I married my husband while in the Navy and we eventually moved to Minnesota.

7 thoughts on “Lesson Plans – Week 14

1. Alec Summers

het mrs scales wat needs to be on our glogster for mythology maggie has the paper and she told me to do the glog

Reply
  2. Josie Clevenger

Need your help on glog login and password. Audrey gave me hers so we could do it together but it will not work. this is what I have
    Login: 52wuau4
    password: mydbillo

Thanks
    🙂

Reply
    1. mrsscales207 (Post author)

Josie, I don’t have any of the log in information with me at home. If you can’t get the info from Audry I would recommend starting fresh. Glosters are free, so you can just create a new account on your own. It won’t be under my teacher account, but that way you could get it done and I will just let you pull it up and show me on Monday.

Mrs. Scales

Reply
  3. Regan Rose

I have a question. Do we have to turn in a typed copy of our made up mythology project Monday? I wasnt at school monday and I didnt see a lesson plan. So if u could reply that would be great. Thanks

Reply