March 29

Welcome Back

Welcome back from Spring Break. It was great to see everyone again.

We began by reviewing the introduction to Poetry Island and National Poetry Month on moodle.

The final literary circle assignment was explained and everyone was given time to print off the copies of all their literary circle forum posts. The assignment has two parts. For the first part, the print outs have to be proofread and corrected. This is worth 15 points. The second part of the assignment is to write a cohesive review of the book. This is not to be a plot summary, but a personal review of the book based on the literary circle forum responses. This assignment is due on Wednesday.

Unfortunately several students were assigned to the lunch study table for having 3 or more missing assignments. Everyone was given a chance to turn in any missing work, but if they still had three missing assignments they had to go to the lunch study table starting today. Those students with two missing assignments were reminded that if they do not turn the literary circle assignment in on Wednesday they will be sent to the lunch study table starting Wednesday.

Then each group selected their poet for Poetry Island.

Posted March 29, 2010 by mrsscales207 in category Language Arts

About the Author

My life has taken many paths. I grew up in Farmland, Indiana and graduated from Monroe Central High School in 1979. Yes I know that seems like a long time ago to most of you. After I graduated from High School, I went into the U. S. Navy. Not a lot of women enlisted in the Navy back then. Boot camp was still segregated (that means there were only women in my boot camp) and yes, boot camp is as bad as they say it is. I survived though and began seeing a little more of the world than just our lovely corn and soy bean fields of Indiana. I was an advanced avionics technician and worked on F14 Tomcat jets in the Navy. Back then women couldn't go on ships but I was stationed in Bermuda for a little over a year. Bermuda is beautiful and the people are warm and friendly. I married my husband while in the Navy and we eventually moved to Minnesota.