March 27

Welcome Back

What did you do over Spring Break 2017?

NWEA Final Round of English 9 Begins Tomorrow.

Posted March 27, 2017 by mrsscales207 in category Language Arts

About the Author

My life has taken many paths. I grew up in Farmland, Indiana and graduated from Monroe Central High School in 1979. Yes I know that seems like a long time ago to most of you. After I graduated from High School, I went into the U. S. Navy. Not a lot of women enlisted in the Navy back then. Boot camp was still segregated (that means there were only women in my boot camp) and yes, boot camp is as bad as they say it is. I survived though and began seeing a little more of the world than just our lovely corn and soy bean fields of Indiana. I was an advanced avionics technician and worked on F14 Tomcat jets in the Navy. Back then women couldn't go on ships but I was stationed in Bermuda for a little over a year. Bermuda is beautiful and the people are warm and friendly. I married my husband while in the Navy and we eventually moved to Minnesota.

63 thoughts on “Welcome Back

1. Abby Vannatter

Over break I hung out with Lexi and we went to Jerry’s. I left for Florida and didn’t do anything down there. I finished a season on Netflix and I started the next season.

Reply
  2. Drew Luce

For my spring break I had baseball practice all week except for Saturday. We did lots of hitting, running, catching, and playing. It wasn’t the best spring break I’ve ever had I would rather be on a beach.

Reply
  3. Jackson Buck

Over spring break I didn’t really do much of anything. I was sick for the most of break and so I stayed glued to the couch and watched college basketball. Although I did get to go to Indianapolis and hang out with my family.

Reply
  4. Ben Brannon

Over spring break I went fishing and golfing. I stayed at home most of the time and helped my dad paint the house. On Friday we went down to Indianapolis and ate at Scotty’s and watched the Pacers play.

Reply
  5. Hannah W.

For spring break I got to enjoy a brother free week. While my brother was in Daytona with his best friend I had got stuck at home. I went and got my nails done with my mom. We had also went up to shipshewana to have a day of shopping. By the end of the week I was ready for my brother to come home because he was in Florida without me.

Reply
  6. Braxton Davis

During my spring break I started off sick for the first two days. After I was past the sickness I went to baseball for the week. Some days we had two practices, other days we had one. When I wasn’t playing baseball I was playing 2k getting my overall better. You could catch me at the park with Evan. I was disappointed though, because my guy only went up one overall and I was really hoping for it to go up at least two or three. Instead he’s stuck at a 92 overall instead of a 93, or 94.

Reply
  7. Skylar Workman

Over spring break, I went to Navarre, Florida. The second day I was there, we went to the beach with a few of my mom’s friends. You would think going to the beach would’ve been the most fun thing I could do, but I ended up falling asleep on the beach. While I was asleep, I was laying on my stomach and the sun was beaming down on me the whole time. When I woke up, the back of my legs and my entire back was burnt.

Reply
  8. Alec perry

All I did was sleep and eat and post a pic of mrs scales with a dolphin showing magical reaslim on my finsta

Reply
  9. Evan

On my spring break I went to baseball each and everyday. My dad and I stayed home together why the girls went to Miami. It was fun not gettting bossed around.

Reply
  10. Haley

Over spring break I went to Kentucky and Ohio. In Kentucky we went to the mall and Sonic. We also went to the Cincinnati Reds statidium. Overall I had a pretty good spring break even though I wasn’t in Florida.

Reply
  11. Sofani Buck

My spring break was great because I got to go to downtown Indy for few days. I normally go somewhere hot for spring break but this year my sister had volleyball game so we went to her game this year and stayed in Indy, it was fun because I got to go shopping and hangout with some my friends and family.

Reply
  12. Hallie

I went on a cruise for spring break with Sydney. We went on Carnival Fantasy. It was pretty lit. I played mini golf, ping pong, and shuffle board most of the time. I got ice cream at least 6 times a day. Our boat stopped at Progreso and Cozumel.

Reply
  13. Alison Stewart

Over spring break I didn’t do a lot. I had softball practice and volleyball practices throughout the week. When I wasn’t at practice I was ether working out in the gym here at the school or watching my brother. Friday night I got to go out with my boyfriend and his sister and we played softball, hide and seak in the dark, and laid on the trampoline and Jaelee was teaching me how to read the stars. I also went to a Fort Wayne Komets game with my family and boyfriend which I was really fun. I went to a college for a visit and it made me realize that I can’t wait for college.

Reply