February 21

20 Things We Should Say More Often

After watching the Kid President video today. This is what the WHS Freshmen had to say.

Posted February 21, 2017 by mrsscales207 in category Language Arts

About the Author

My life has taken many paths. I grew up in Farmland, Indiana and graduated from Monroe Central High School in 1979. Yes I know that seems like a long time ago to most of you. After I graduated from High School, I went into the U. S. Navy. Not a lot of women enlisted in the Navy back then. Boot camp was still segregated (that means there were only women in my boot camp) and yes, boot camp is as bad as they say it is. I survived though and began seeing a little more of the world than just our lovely corn and soy bean fields of Indiana. I was an advanced avionics technician and worked on F14 Tomcat jets in the Navy. Back then women couldn't go on ships but I was stationed in Bermuda for a little over a year. Bermuda is beautiful and the people are warm and friendly. I married my husband while in the Navy and we eventually moved to Minnesota.

35 thoughts on “20 Things We Should Say More Often

1. Zachariah Barlow

You should start saying Im not always right, You should start saying that my teacher is really good at teaching and that we should teach them with more respect more often. The thing we could learn from teachers is the things that we really need to know so that we could get through are day with respect.

Reply
  2. Jared Z

The best thing sometimes you can say is I’m here for you. Sometimes people are having a really bad day and if you notice that they are just walk up to them and show them that they are wanted and that when life is low stay hopeful but when life is full stay humble.

Reply
  3. Dayten Abram

That like some of the stuff he was talking about was treating people the was you want to be treated and be nice to people.

Reply
  4. Kelsey Foust

After watching the kid president video today something that I think people should say more often is, you are really nice. When I say nice I don’t mean looks I mean personality. Everyone’s personality is different and knowing that yours is good and someone else notices it should make you feel good. By you complimenting someone else on their personality it shows yours too.

Reply
  5. Rhiannon Morgan

Something I think everyone should say more is, I was wrong. Some people have a hard time admitting that they were wrong and take complete blame, especially in an argument.

Reply
  6. Zoe

I think something you should say more often is everything will be okay. I think people should say the bacause some people need to hear that when they are having a bad day or when something in there life is happening.

Reply
  7. Ethan D

I think Freshan should say “I’m having trouble, I need help” but instead people won’t ask for help and end up failing.

Reply
  8. Larken Campbell

Something I think you should say more often is have a good day because saying have a good day shows that person that you care if their day is filled with good.

Reply
  9. Austin king

One thing thing people should say more often is excuse me because in my own opinion people that don’t say excuse me are rude they will burp or fart and don’t say excuse me

Reply
  10. Bre Roderick

After watching Kid President something’s that you should say more often are to complement someone on something or their outfit because it looks nice on them. If someone is good at something then you should complement and say they are good at it and keep trying to get better. And even if they are really good at you should say that, “You can even get better if you keep doing it.”

Reply
  11. Shelley

Something that everyone should say more often is “your pretty”. It’s a great way to make someone feel great about themselves!

Reply
  12. Abby adams

“You look nice today” saying this could lighten a a persons whole day because you never know, that could be the nicest thing someone has said to them all day.

Reply
  13. Jacey Fultz

I need to say please more often. I often ask for things or ask people to do things without saying please to show that I’m not just commanding them to do something.

Reply
  14. Lilian Collins

I think we should all say ‘you matter to me’ more often. It shows that we will always be there for that person, and that we enjoy having them in our lives.

Reply
  15. Meagan

Something that I t think everyone could do more often is complement someone. A simple “I really like you’re hair today, did you get it cut?” can make someone’s day. It’s a nice thing to do and you can do it without any effort.

Reply
  16. Brylie Foster

We all need to speak with respect. We are all humans, we all bleed red, we all have having feelings and emotions. If everyone in the classroom would respect each other it will make our classroom environment better for anyone.

Reply
  17. Lauren hood

What I think we should say more often is ice cream because every one likes ice cream how could they not. People who don’t like it still smile usaly, sometimes they just look at you like you are dumb and that makes you smile.

Reply
  18. Emma Schuck

Something that we should all say more often is “have a nice day. When you are saying goodbye to someone it would be nice for you to wish them a good day. It makes you seem like a more polite and nice person.

Reply