November 2

Day 54 – Eng. 10

Can you believe that we have had 54 days of school already this year? Can you believe that November is already here?  Well both are true statements of fact. The school year is off to a great start. Although I believe that it is, that is a statement of opinion, mine.

Students have had several questions about fact and opinion in reference to the research they are currently doing. This is another reason I love the passion project and helping you understand the differences in your beliefs and the truth and logic you use to support them.  Remember, just because it is written on the internet it isn’t necessarily true or factual.  Evaluating your sources is extremely important in the research process. Remember to verify and validate before you decide to use information as you find it.  Is the information true and factual, or is it a truly convincing argument of opinion?

Literary Circle / Vocabulary Finals were taken today. If you need to take a make-up test you must do it by Thursday. You can get a pass from me to come down to take it in my room during AL, or if you have an English Lab class or a resource class with Mrs. Nelson you may take it during those times.  You will not have time in class to retake the test. We are buy finishing our research and beginning the writing of our research papers all this week in Eng. 10.

Also, just a reminder, anyone who would like to take advantage of having me pre-grade their Nov. Monthly Paper must have it turned in through Turnitin by this Friday. Final Nov. Monthly Papers are due by the start of class on Monday, Nov. 16.

Don’t forget to keep track of everything going on in class by using your course calendar in Canvas.

Posted November 2, 2015 by mrsscales207 in category Language Arts

About the Author

My life has taken many paths. I grew up in Farmland, Indiana and graduated from Monroe Central High School in 1979. Yes I know that seems like a long time ago to most of you. After I graduated from High School, I went into the U. S. Navy. Not a lot of women enlisted in the Navy back then. Boot camp was still segregated (that means there were only women in my boot camp) and yes, boot camp is as bad as they say it is. I survived though and began seeing a little more of the world than just our lovely corn and soy bean fields of Indiana. I was an advanced avionics technician and worked on F14 Tomcat jets in the Navy. Back then women couldn't go on ships but I was stationed in Bermuda for a little over a year. Bermuda is beautiful and the people are warm and friendly. I married my husband while in the Navy and we eventually moved to Minnesota.